As we enjoy our first sips of coffee together this morning, let’s reflect on our journey so far. We’ve already tackled two significant steps in our 2024 roadmap: setting those ambitious yet achievable SMART goals and mapping out our quarterly checkpoints. Today, we’re going to delve into the next crucial phases: outlining our monthly projects and breaking them down into weekly tasks.
Note: If you haven’t gone through those two previous steps, then go back now and do those first!
Mapping Out Monthly Projects
Each quarter is an expedition, and every month is a significant leg of that journey. To keep progressing towards each quarterly checkpoint, we need to set clear monthly projects.
Identify Monthly Objectives:
For each month within the quarter, define a primary objective that aligns with your quarterly goal. If your Q1 goal is to increase revenue, your January project might be ‘Revamp Pricing Strategy.’
Outline Key Actions:
What are the critical steps needed to achieve this monthly objective? List them out. For a revamped pricing strategy, actions might include market research, analyzing past sales data, and creating new pricing packages.
Setting Monthly Projects:
- Focus: Each month should concentrate on one major aspect of your quarterly goal.
- Clarity: Be as specific as possible with what you want to achieve by the month’s end.
- Flexibility: Be prepared to adjust as you go along. Some projects might need more time and effort than anticipated.
Create Your Weekly Tasks
This is where planning meets action. Split your monthly project into bite-sized weekly tasks. This breakdown makes your goals less daunting and more manageable.
Weekly Tasks for a “Revamp Pricing Strategy” Month Project
- Week 1: Conduct a time and costs audit to be sure your lab costs are up to date.
- Week 2: Analyze your past sales data and customer feedback.
- Week 3: Develop new pricing packages based on your research and analysis.
- Week 4: Implement the new pricing strategy and communicate changes to clients.
Weekly Planning Tips:
- Realistic Goals: Ensure each weekly task is achievable within the week.
- Consistency: Regularly review and adjust your weekly tasks to stay on track.
- Celebrate Progress: Acknowledge the completion of each task, no matter how small.
Let’s Get to Work
Grab a notebook, call those friends from last week and start outlining your monthly projects for Q1.
Then, break down your first monthly project into weekly tasks. This step-by-step approach is your blueprint to reaching those quarterly milestones.
Next week, we’ll look at examples of a full quarterly plan so you have some ideas while you get your plan in place!
Keep moving forward, one step at a time, and watch your 2024 goals come to life.
All the best,
Co-Founder/CEO, Swift Galleries
PS – I’m here to help! If you’re stuck or need some advice on breaking down your goals, just hit reply. Let’s make this journey together.