As photographers, evolving from selling individual wall art pieces to multi-image galleries can significantly boost your sales. In this recorded workshop, we’ll explore four key strategies to make this transition seamlessly.
While the first strategy might sound familiar, it’s a foundational step that’s too crucial to overlook.
Let’s recap each of these strategies and see how they can transform your photography business.
Note: This is just a skim across the top of everything we cover in the workshop, so be sure to watch that if you want all the nitty-gritty details!
1. Show Multi-Image Galleries
It’s a simple yet powerful rule: if you want to sell multi-image galleries, you need to showcase them. This means setting the expectation for these galleries at every opportunity. Whether it’s on your website, social media, or portfolio, make multi-image galleries a prominent part of your display.
2. The Best, Better, Good Approach
Offer your clients a range of gallery designs categorized as Best, Better, and Good. This method involves creating three options for each client:
- Best: This is your dream gallery, the high-end option that serves as your ‘Hail Mary.’
- Better: A more realistic choice, balancing clients’ desires and budget.
- Good: A last-resort option that still represents a satisfactory sale.
By presenting these options, you’re employing the psychological principle of anchoring, where clients gauge the value of the middle option (Better) against the highest (Best).
3. Tell Stories with Wall Designs
Transform your wall designs into storytelling tools. Think of each gallery as an album spread, narrating the story of the day or the session. Utilize the layout to create a narrative, whether it’s capturing moments from a wedding or showcasing different expressions of a family.
4. Shooting for Variety
Go into each session with the intention of capturing a variety of photos. This not only gives you more options to create diverse galleries but also increases the likelihood of larger sales.
Capture different groupings and individuals to provide ample material for your Best, Better, and Good designs.
Let’s Wrap it Up…
Transitioning to selling multi-image galleries can significantly elevate your in-person sales averages (and clients’ satisfaction). By
- showcasing these galleries everyone sees your work,
- employing price anchoring,
- telling stories,
- and shooting with variety,
you can unlock new potentials in your photography business. Remember, it’s about presenting a narrative through your images and giving your clients choices that resonate with their preferences.
Want to dive a little deeper?
- Learn how to design wall art galleries that sell.
- Learn our AEDD Framework for a stress-free in-person sales workflow.
- Try Swift Galleries, our In-Person Sales software, free for 14 days, no credit card needed!